August 04, 2010

So Very Long....

I admit it, I've fallen off the "blogging bandwagon". Life gets in the way, I get busy and I forget to blog. Or just don't want to. But, this post is very important to me, because I feel I need to update everyone on the many hilarious comments that my daughter is making nowadays. More importantly, I need to record them somewhere so that when she's 30 (like me, sigh...) I can share these funny moments with her...

1) We are driving to get icecream. I tell Addie that I want a Brownie. She says, "Mommy, I know they have brownies at the icecream place". I say, "How do you know? She responds in a very funny, drawn out way, "Because I looked ONLINE!!"

2) Addie has been wishing for a sibling lately. We haven't been discussing this, but I suggest that she is hearing it from other kids at daycare. We say our usual evening prayers, and Addison chimes in, "And thank you for the baby brother in Mommy's tummy".

3) A few weeks ago, Addison asked me whether she could change her baby sister's diapers. WHOA! Again, I think she's hearing it at daycare...

4) The other night Chris tucked Addison into bed (after repeated attempts to get her to fall asleep). She tells Chris, "Daddy I'm a big girl. I use perfume which means I get to stay up. Smell my hands". Chris then smells her hands, doused in a sample spray vial of Gucci Flora.

5) The other night, Chris decided to get Tasty Tacos. It was well-past dinner time, but the guy was hungry...Anyways, Addison says to him, "Daddy, I KNOW you share!" She knows what's good!

6) Addison was talking about what happens when people get in an accident. She says "They get hurt, their head falls off, and their eyes come out. They go up to the sky (she means heaven) and they're stuck up in a tree". Umm...sure. LOL And I can't forget to mention she says "assident" instead of "accident".

7) I don't want to be one of those parent's that talks about their kids poop..but I will anyways. Addison says to me (while at Beauty Brands bathroom, mind you), "Did you hear that noise (she farted)? That is the poop noise. That means the poop is coming". HA HA.

8) Addie asking me about my wedding ring. I explained to her that it meant I was married to Daddy. Chris got her a toe ring (which he bought to fit her ring finger) and she says, "And this ring means Daddy is special".

9) Every birthday this year has been Valentine's Day. On my birthday, I was told by Addison, "Happy Valentine's Day!" It's the thought that counts, right?

10) Addison on Lady Gaga: "I want to go see Lady Gaga. She's a good singer, but she doesn't wear pants or a shirt". (She saw her performance on GMA).

11) As we're driving back to Des Moines in the rain (from Cedar Rapids), Addison says, "Mommy, the rain is Jesus crying! (We've never said this). I asked her why and she says, "Cause Jesus didn't win at bowling" (We tell her that thunder is Jesus bowling).

12) One day it was storming, and we heard a loud clap of thunder. Chloe starts barking and Addison says, "MOMMMMMMY! Chloe is barking at Jesus!"

13) The other night Addison was praying before bed and says at the end of her prayer, "And please help us to have a big big garage sale" (My parents were having a sale the next day).

I am sure I have more "Addie-isms" I could put on this blog...and I will probably have more posts like this one. Someday I know I am going to look back and read these and smile to myself....because eventually everything she says will make perfect sense and she'll be grown and independent and I'll want to remember her the way she is now, innocent and curious.....

No comments: