I am just going to entitle this blog "Pride". Because that's what its about. Pride that I haven't felt in a long time. I could not tell you how many times I felt so discouraged about the way things were going. I'm not just talking about the Bush presidency-but just life in general. There were so many times that I heard anti-immigrant remarks and racist remarks, and felt like I was the only one who shared this vision that maybe skin color did not matter. I know it sounds cheesy, but my heart was heavy with the feeling that the US hadn't changed that much since the days of the civil rights movement.
Then tonight comes.......and I just stare at the television with pride, knowing that we've come so far and this is a proof of that. I cannot believe that tonight we've elected the first black president. It wasn't about race, it wasn't about religion-but it was about who would do the best job. And that's how it should be. I hope that minorities everywhere have tears of hope and joy-knowing that we've come so far and that America really is the land of opportunity. Parents can truly tell their child that they can realize their dreams-and for once we have proof of that.
I hope now that our country can ban together-white, black, asian, latino, republican and democrat, and really CHANGE this country we live in.
And I have just one final comment-GO OBAMA!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment