It's been a busy and long week back after "Christmas Break". I call it Christmas Break because my office was closed for several weeks and I enjoyed such much needed vacation time. Addison and I bummed around the house in our comfies (or as Addie calls them, "copfees". Monday it was time to return to work. The day started of all wrong, with Addison telling me, "no work" and "Mommy home". It just breaks your heart when they say that, yet makes you feel so good to know that they want you to spend that time with them. Monday must not have been a good day for Addison, either, because we had reports from the babysitter that Addison had bit another little boy on the hand and was hitting the other kids. Of course my natural response is to get defensive, because your kid is perfect, right? But then I thought about my day and I have to say that there were several people I could have bitten that day, too!
The week got better each day and I was of course very busy at work, making the week go by very fast. Friday night Chris had to work, so I decided to do something special and take Addison to "Recess Go Bananas". It's basically an indoor play area, like Chucky Cheese, but better! After some nasty over-priced pizza, Addison rode several rides and went down the slides and on the trampolines! It was very reasonable, too (%6.95 for unlimited play). I was shocked to discover that they had large indoor rides, much like you would find at a carnival or amusement park. To top it all off, they had animals, including a very intelligent parrot that did tricks. We had a ball.
Saturday we had a surprise snow storm. Some how the two inches that we were supposed to receive ended up being about 6 inches. Chris had to work, so Addison and I just played at home. Of course, I was able to get out and get a Starbucks. Nothing keeps me from Starbucks.
I cannot believe that today is already Sunday. Addison went over to Grandma and Grandpa Lantz's and Chris and I went to a movie. We had a nice by ourselves, but we found ourselves missing Addie.
Overall, it was a great week. Everyone is a little tired, but who wouldn't be after the holidays? Hopefully I will start posting more pictures, as we are looking for a better camera. Have a great week everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Did you find that camera advertised at Office Max?
Mom
Post a Comment