Weddings were the theme this week! On Friday night, we attended a wedding for our friend Adam's sister and her partner. I was especially excited to go to this wedding as it was the first wedding we attended post Iowa Supreme Court decision allowing gay marriage. It was a beautiful wedding. It was wonderful to see that love knows no boundaries. It was a day that will be forever imprinted in my mind. It was held at the Historical Building, with the Capitol in the distance. How fitting. I am proud to be an Iowan, and thrilled that Iowa has taken the stand to support equal rights. Evidently Addison was extra excited too, because during the toast she and their daughter decided to stand up in front of everyone and show their undies (well pull-up in Addison's case)! Addison saw another little girl do it, and of course she was just copying. Ha ha. She lifted her dress above her head and I was soooo embarrassed!
Addison was more than a little disappointed that there was no dancing, but she got over it as soon as she and the other children began running around all over the terrace. She ran in circles, which really tired me out. To have the energy of a child! After the wedding, we continued the celebration with a nice dinner at a french restaurant, Django. It was great to catch up with our friend, Adam, and his daughter, Grace, from Colorado. Too bad his wife, Katie, couldn't make it. We really missed her!
Last night we attended another wedding for Chris's uncle Joe. A great time was had by all! The reception was at the Voo Doo lounge in Cedar Falls, Iowa. Although this reception did not involve music, either, the kids found a way to dance. A band was playing in the bar, and the owners said the kids could dance. And they did! Addison, Taylor, Joey, and Ian danced the night away. The night ended with us dragging Addison off the dance floor! Once we put her down, she ran back out there. I think I am going to get Addie in some dance classes, as she clearly loves to dance!
Today, we had a wedding shower for Ashlea, who will be marrying Todd, Chris' cousin in about a month. Addison was a little disappointed there was no band at the shower. What a party girl!
Overall, it was a busy but fun weekend.
I will leave you with a funny conversation I had with Addison.
Addison pointed to a certain "female undergarment" that I was taking out of the washer. It went like this:
Addison: Mama, what that?
Me: It's a bra, sweetie.
Addison: What that for? Mama going swimming?
Me: No, mama is not going swimming. This is a bra. Big girls wear them on their chest.
Addison: So they don't fall down?
Me: Yep, that's right.
Addison: And mommy would cry?
Me: Yes, mommy would definitely cry.
Where do they come up with these things?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment