Today is my 29th birthday, and I thought it would only be fitting to look back at this past year and reflect on what a year its been! Below are a few highlights:
1) I didn't break any bones this past year! If you know me at all, this is quite a feat. However, last summer I think I was still recovering from breaking my foot....
2) My little one turned 2! We celebrated with a birthday with close family. She received her Little Tikes house from Mommy and Daddy.
3) On July 27, 2008, Chris and I had our 6 year anniversary! In just a few days it will be seven years! I love you, Chris!
4) In October of 2008, our little miniature dachshund Roxie had back surgery. That was a difficult time for us, because we thought we were going to have to put her down. She had back surgery, and as you probably have HEARD (LOL) she is alive and terrozing the neighborhood like always! This year Chloe also had an incident with her back, but crossing our fingers, she is hopefully healed.
5) Obama was elected this past year! The first African-American President. I am still proud as a type those words! Enough said!
6) I cannot forget, either, that this year the Iowa Supreme Court upheld the decision allowing same-sex marriages! What a milestone and an example for our state to set for other states and countries. It's time for equal rights!
I am mainly talking about the big highlights this past year, but I can't forget all the times in past year that Addison and Chris told me they loved me, hugged me. Cuddling reading books. Sloppy dog kisses (HA HA). Nights spend watching movies or our favorite shows. Family pizza parties. Small road trips to the zoo, lake, or shopping. Countless hours spent reading children's books to my baby girl. Days spent going to garage sales with Addison. Coffee trips. Eating out with friends or family. Visiting our families and friends. Reading good books. Discovering the Twilights Series (or addiction). Hours spend in a job that I LOVE, where I can help people. Most importantly remembering how much my family loves me and how lucky I am!
I love my life! Happy Birthday to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment