Our family spent Thanksgiving in St. Louis this year. We spent it with my Dad's side of the family, and stayed at a hotel. I had never been to St. Louis, so it was exciting. We did a little shopping and sight-seeing, but Addison had the most fun at The Magic House, a children's museum. They had a Curious George exhibit and tons of hands-on activities. Addie was even able to "shop" in a pretend store and ring up her own groceries! It was the neatest thing.
There was a giant tree in the lobby......

Addie posed with George, but ran away from the person dressed up like George...

We had to get a picture with Hundley, the dachshund from Curious George!

Addie contemplated a career selling ice cream.....

She was a pro ringing up her groceries, because she's seen Mommy and Daddy do it....

There was even a giant indoor water table!

It was a great time! We swam, visited the Anheiser Busch to see how beer is made, and spent time with family!
Thanksgiving came and went, and so began the Christmas festivies! I admit, we did put our tree up before Christmas this year. I am going to use the excuse that we were gone over Thanksgiving.
Last weekend, Bepa and Mema Odell (as Addie lovingly calls them) came to visit. Mom, Addison and I decided to make Christmas cookies! It was a MESS, to say the least, but such a special time.

Addie made a "cake" out of dough.....

And the dogs were covered in flour!

Addison was such a good helper!

There was flour all over the floor, sugar on the counter, and little fingers in the dough, but I wouldn't change a second of it. I love the time with my family and I will treasure it forever. Happy Holidays!

1 comment:
Megan! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw it on your FB this moring! Little Addison is such a cutie. I hope you guys are doing great and surviving that cold weather, I am a little glad we missed that crazy storm everyone had there! Hopefully I will get my Christmas cards sent out sometime today ;)
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment