December 20, 2008

It's been a big week! It started off well, with a minor snow storm on Tuesday. By Wednesday Addison had come down with a bug, so I stayed home with her Thursday. Then if that wasn't enough, we had a big storm on Thursday night/Friday early morning and we were lucky enough to have a snow day Friday. Because the weather person said "travel not advised", I was glad that I was able to stay home. Unfortunately, Chris was still required to report to work, so Addison and I had a girl's day. We played playdoh and then I found Addison doing this:

Photobucket

Yep, Addison decided that her baby had to go potty. She is obsessed with the potty these days. Luckily her baby did her thing, and she was done.

Photobucket

On top of that, we bought Addie a little Dora potty seat and she went three times today! She has been rewarded with a sticker each time she goes. So far, so good. I cannot believe that just 2 years and 3 months ago she was born, and now she's almost out of diapers (crossing fingers).

This holiday season, I've procrastinated as usual, but I decided maybe to create some last-minute photo cards. Unfortunately, we never got them printed. Here are some "outakes".

Photobucket

Grumpy!

Photobucket

More interested in the tree than taking the picture.

Photobucket

I love this picture!

Photobucket

She's more interested in playing peek-a-boo.

Photobucket

Playing with the fireplace. Notice Chloe doing it also?

Let's just say its easier said than done when you're trying to take a picture with a toddler. What does everyone think about putting the peek-a-boo picture on the card? I seriously considered it!

I hope everyone has a Happy Holiday. Stay warm (if you're in Iowa, that is!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG, her hair is sooo long!! Not much time to read it all now, but I'm so happy that you are updating frequently!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, you didn't tell me Addie was using the potty!!! Good girl!!! That's awesome. It's such a relief when they are finally out of diapers. Of course, I had to wait 4 years for Alex to be out, but hey.. And Abby is just about there too! Girls are so much easier!